The Cyber-Range Support Engineer will join the Security Innovation Product Support and Implementation team as a daily contributor in providing world-class level support to our clients. This is a high paced and results-oriented role, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is willing to learn on the fly and wants to drive the successful adoption of our CMD+CTRL cyber-range products for our clients. You will work day-to-day solving client-facing issues with the products as well as assist the team in product setup and deployments. You should have a good understanding of application security practices and common vulnerabilities, strong time management skills and a good grasp on how the SaaS (Software as a Service) product model works. This role will report directly to the CMD+CTRL Support Manager.
- Work to support our application security cyber-range by doing, but not limited to, the following:
- Client setup and implementation support
- Kick-off calls, information gathering and product setup questions
- Reporting (internal/customers)
- In-range support – answering participants security questions, provide guidance and hints to the participants, award bonus points
- Support helpdesk (Reset of passwords, handle login and access issues, answer client questions etc.)
- Support on Project Management tasks (tracking and monitoring)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (the candidate is clear, well written and spoken, objective and professional).
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to focus on detail.
- Desire to learn and excel in cyber-security field.
- Good understanding of information security general practices and importance of secure coding.
- Good understanding of application security vulnerabilities (XSS, SQLi, etc.), and ways to test for existence of these vulnerabilities.
- Great attitude and looking to work in a team environment.
- Feels at his/her best in an environment where goals and tasks are clearly defined and initiative can be used to improve processes, make suggestions and be proactive.
- Passion for excellence and high-quality performance in each task assumed.
- Values ethical work practices above all.
- Shares SI core values
- We empower our employees to learn and develop their skills.
- We create an environment of trust and open communication among all members of the organization.
- We focus on results, trusting our employees to work in the ways that are most effective for them.
- We create a flexible, rewarding work environment that supports a high quality of life for our employees.
- We believe in trustworthiness with our employees and with our customers and hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in order to meet that goal.
- Should have experience in at least one programming or scripting language and ability to understand/read code.
- Should have an understanding of the system and network architectures, communication protocols, and inner-working of computer systems.
- Should have a working knowledge of major operating systems, browsers (including leveraging development tools) and MS Office.
Nice to haves
- Background in testing for, or troubleshooting, web application security issues.
- Mobile app development or implementation.
- Prior experience in development, system administration or networking.
- Knowledge of tools such as Burp, Fiddler or Wireshark.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Remote, but ideally located in the CST or EST time zone
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.