Security Innovation is hiring a software engineer to support the development of our CMD+CTRL Cyber Training Platform.
CMD+CTRL allows players to learn from attacking real applications and cloud resources in a variety of scenarios we call Cyber Ranges. Through hands-on exploitation of our insecure software environments, security skills can be both discovered and honed. Our platform reflects the complexity and risk of today’s tech stacks: flawed design, defenseless code, and misconfigured deployments – and tempts players to exploit them.
Our growing list of ranges includes web applications and cloud infrastructure running on both AWS and Azure as well as a vulnerable Android application. Some scenarios players may choose from attacking include a banking portal, android app, social media site, corporate networks, cloud infrastructure, among many others. Each player gets their own environment, making it an interesting challenge to scale the infrastructure.
As a software engineer, you will be joining our team of engineers working on implementing new features in our training platforms, creating new Ranges, building out scalability, and enhancing our deployment workflow. You will be writing code, performing peer reviews, planning, and designing new features and Ranges.
What you'll do:
- Implement, gamify, and integrate new challenge sites with existing infrastructure
- Work on feature enhancements to our dashboard and Ranges
- Work on bug fixes
- Automate and test your code by writing unit tests
- Manage individual project priorities and deadlines
- Actively participate in technical discussions
What we expect from our applicants:
- 2+ years of production web development experience
- Proficient with building Java applications
- Proficient with React/Redux SPAs
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Proficient with Databases such as MySQL
- Capable of writing clean and maintainable code
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Nice to Haves:
Not required, but great if you already have it:
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Linux administration for webservers
- Experience with deploying and supporting enterprise applications
- Experience with multiple programming languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Perks & Benefits:
There is a reason we have a 4.9/5 rating on Glassdoor. We take care of our clients, but also take care of our employees.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance coverage provided (HMO, PPO, and HSA options available)
- Generous 401k matching
- Take what you need PTO
- Work-life balance – we mean it
- Financial assistance and scheduled time off for research
- Professional Development budget for conferences, classes, certifications, or other learning opportunities
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options available
- Extensive technology budget, renewed every year
- Free coffee, snacks, beverages, among other office treats
About Security Innovation
Security Innovation is a Software Security Company with offices in Seattle and Boston. We work with many different companies to help them build secure software through penetration testing, code review, training, and educational security products. We’re a team of passionate Security Engineers and Developers that love what they do. We perform security testing, code review, design review, are leaders in security research, go to security conferences and have lots of time for professional development. We develop an incredible open security training range called CMD+CTRL.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.