Helpdesk, IT Support
Location: Seattle, WA
What you’ll do:
You will be at the front-line of Security Innovation’s internal IT support. Your responsibilities will include helping ensure all of the company’s employees can perform their work smoothly and use company IT resources without issue. You will troubleshoot day to day problems from a wide range of users, including security engineers, sales staff, and others within the corporation. Your day to day responsibilities will include managing helpdesk requests and improving the IT experience of everyone at Security Innovation. You must be able to take direction and work with our existing IT team, but be capable of working on your own and being self-directed when necessary.
- Interact with customers (primarily SI Employees) and support their IT needs
- Helpdesk tickets
- In person
- Troubleshoot IT issues both for user workstations, their interaction with services (on-prem and cloud), mobile devices, VOIP desk phones and various desktop applications.
- Troubleshoot issues with our own services (on-prem and cloud) as they relate to any issues reported by customers.
- Writing user focused instructions and documentation
- Routine maintenance of servers (updates/patches, etc)
- Work on projects to improve existing SI IT infrastructure, and build out entirely new infrastructure with our IT team.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with Linux
- Basic Windows systems administration experience
- Windows & macOS Desktop support familiarity
- Basic understanding of LDAP, specifically Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies and how they work
- Ethernet, WiFi
- 802.1q VLANs
- IPv4, IPv6; TCP/UDP
- DHCP, DNS
- NAT and Stateful Firewalls
- Experience with FreeBSD and OpenBSD Systems Administration
- Experience with pfSense Router/Firewall
- Experience with a scripting language (PowerShell and/or Python)
- Experience with Cloud services, such as AWS or Azure
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to the attention of Joseph Basirico, Vice President of Services, Security Innovation Inc., 1511 3rd Avenue, Suite 808, Seattle, WA, 98101. By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Security Innovation
Security Innovation is a Software Security Company with offices in Seattle and Boston. We work with many different companies to help them build secure software through penetration testing, code review, training, and educational security products. We’re a team of passionate Security Engineers and Developers that love what they do. We perform security testing, code review, design review, are leaders in security research, go to security conferences frequently and have lots of time for professional development. We develop an incredible open security training range called CMD+CTRL.