COD 270: Creating Secure COBOL and Mainframe Applications
This course covers countermeasures for security vulnerabilities on the mainframe, such as input validation, parameterized APIs, strong cryptography, and being aware of memory management issues.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Mitigate SQL injection threats using safe prepared statements and parameterized APIs
- Validate all input and use exec* functions instead of system functions to mitigate the risk of command injection
- Use key derivation functions to protect stored password
- Encrypt sensitive data using AES-256
- Protect sensitive data in transit with TLS
- Prevent deadlocks by using the ENQ and DEQ commands
- Avoid manual memory management in order to prevent buffer overflow conditions
This course can be customized for Instructor-Led training. Course contents and duration may vary. Contact us for details.