COD 152: Fundamentals of Secure Cloud Development
This course introduces developers to the common risks associated with Cloud applications, including the security features of the different series models (IaaS, PaaS, and Saas), how to identify and mitigate the most common vulnerabilities, the unique security challenges of “Big Data”, and how to apply the Microsoft SDL to cloud applications. Threat coverage includes unauthorized account access, insecure APIs, shared technology, data leakage, and account hijacking, as well the importance of complying with regulatory requirements. With knowledge checks throughout, the student who completes this course will have an understanding of cloud computing threats and risks, and the programming principals to use to address them.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand cloud computing characteristics, service models, deployment models, and regulatory requirements
- Identify the risks and threats associated with cloud computing
- Identify the “Big Data” security risks associated with cloud computing
- Explain how to safeguard against the misinformation of cloud computing myths
- Identify the best practices for secure cloud application development
- Examine Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies with a close look at dealing with security within Amazon Web Services
This course can be customized for Instructor-Led training. Course contents and duration may vary. Contact us for details.