COD 141: Fundamentals of Secure Database Development
In practice, the database represents the goal of many attackers, as this is where the information of value is maintained. However, functional requirements and security testing often focus on the interaction between a software user and the application, while the handling of data is assumed to be secure. This course is platform and technology agnostic, and will provide software architects and developers with an understanding of database development best practices.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe fundamental database concepts and the purpose of a database
- Gain a basic understanding of common database attacks
- Describe secure database development best practices
- List the database development practices that should be avoided
- Review sample software scenarios to understand database attacks and apply corresponding mitigation
This course can be customized for Instructor-Led training. Course contents and duration may vary. Contact us for details.