TST 411: Exploiting Buffer Overflows
This course provides engineering teams with all the required information to help understand and mitigate buffer-overflow exploits. It first introduces the concepts necessary to recognize the threats posed by these exploits, and to comprehend the mechanisms behind exploitation of stack-based and heap-based buffer overflows. The course then delves into the different challenges faced by exploit code and how different exploitation techniques overcome environmental limitations.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the threats posed by exploitation of vulnerable programs
- Describe how buffer-overflow vulnerabilities are exploited
- Outline the challenges faced by exploit code during execution
- Describe common exploitation techniques
- Describe common exploit payloads
- Outline common exploitation tools
- Use existing mitigations to defend against exploitation
This course can be customized for Instructor-Led training. Course contents and duration may vary. Contact us for details.