DES 219 – Securing Google’s Firebase Platform
Google Firebase offers an active backend as a service (BaaS) for building dynamic web and mobile applications, but it has disadvantages. This course gives learners a fundamental understanding of how Firebase Security Rules leverage extensible, flexible configuration languages to define what data your users can access for Realtime Database, Cloud Firestore, and Cloud Storage. Firebase Realtime Database Rules leverage JSON in rule definitions, while Cloud Firestore Security Rules and Firebase Security Rules for Cloud Storage leverage a unique language built to accommodate more complex rules-specific structures.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Understand Firebase security rules, security concepts, and setup
- Path match rules, Read and Write operations, Conditions and Functions
- Implement security for reading Documents
- Conduct role-based Authentication and Unit Testing
- Setup for data testing in Firestore
- Write tests for Firestore security
Looking To Learn More?
Request more information on our courses and labs.
Course Number: DES 219
Course Duration: 60 minutes
Course CPE Credits: 1.25
Related Subject Matter
Foreign Languages Available: