SDT 324 - Testing for Improper Restriction of Operations within the Bounds of a Memory Buffer
Improper Restriction of Operations within the Bounds of a Memory Buffer allows attackers to execute arbitrary code, alter the intended control flow, read sensitive information, or cause a system to crash. This course introduces ways to identify and mitigate this security weakness, referenced as CWE-119 by the 2020 CWE Top 25.
- Identifying Out of Range Memory Access errors
- Recognizing the impact of this vulnerability
- Applying preventative measures to avoid this weakness
- Common code mitigation strategies
- Using a multi-pronged approach to test for Improper Restriction of Operations with the Bounds of a Memory Buffer