Ed TALKS Panel: SolariGate – Avoiding Supply Chain Burns
Wilmington, MA – February 18, 2021, – Security Innovation, an authority in software security assessment, announced that its upcoming EdTalks panel will discuss the recent hack of the SolarWinds Orion product that affected over 18,000 SolarWinds customers.
Despite the sophistication and significant damage potential of this hack, some organizations successfully thwarted the attacks despite using the vulnerable SolarWinds Orion product. This Ed TALK will discuss what high-performing organizations did and what can be learned from this broad-reaching attack.
“Supply chain risk is not going away, especially not software updates that fuel the IT-dependent enterprise,” said Ed Adams, CEO of Security and Ed TALKS host. “The SolarWinds hack has sowed doubts about the fidelity and security of 3rd-party tech which puts continued pressure on organizations to have improved incidence detection and response plans.”
- What: SolariGate – Avoiding Supply Chain Burns
- When: February 24, 1:00 EST
- Register: https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/16345/469074/solarigate-avoiding-supply-chain-burns
- Edna Conway – VP, Global Security, Risk & Compliance, Azure at Microsoft
- Octavia Howell – Business Information Security Officer, Equifax
- Zachary Minneker – Sr. Research Engineer, Security Innovation
Launched in 2020, Ed TALKS features experts from organizations such as Accenture, Red Hat, Microsoft, DHS, Millicom, Alcon, Salesforce.com, CITGO, and others. It tackles current cybersecurity topics and offers insight and advice for those tasked with building, operating, and defending IT systems. Learn more by reading EdTalks 2020 Retrospective blog or viewing previous panels in the BrightTalk content syndication platform:
- Back to Basics: Security Principles in Technical Roles
- It’s Not Me, It’s You: Kicking 3rd-party technology risk to the curb
- Cloudy at the Breach: Your Software, Your Data, Your Loss
- Paying it Forward: Securing Technology in the Payment ecosystem
- Fast-Tracking Software Assurance: Yes, it’s Possible
About Ed TALKS – Engaging, Realistic, Diverse
Led by Ed Adams, CEO of Security Innovation, Ed TALKS is an engaging, practical discussion of security in practice and the real challenges being faced. Mr. Adams invites industry luminaries and practitioners to discuss approaches and challenges to securing our digital world: complex tech stacks, evolving threats, motivated attackers, mounting regulations, and unsettling skill gaps.
ABOUT SECURITY INNOVATION
Security Innovation is a pioneer in software security and a trusted advisor to its clients. Since 2002, organizations have relied on our assessment and training solutions to make the use of software systems safer in the most challenging environments – whether in Web applications, IoT devices, or the cloud. The company’s flagship product, CMD+CTRL Cyber Range, is the industry’s only simulated Web site environment designed to build the skills teams need to protect the enterprise where it is most vulnerable – at the application layer. Security Innovation is privately held and headquartered in Wilmington, MA USA. For more information, visit Security Innovation or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Security Innovation Media Contact: