How to Create Application Security Design Requirements
The best way to experience our expert and engaging approach is a test drive.
Take this Course for Free
Our How to Create Application Security Design Requirements course teaches technical and non-technical personnel how to understand, create, and articulate security requirements as part of a software requirement document. Take the course below to see how our training can boost your organization’s security posture – and touch up your own skills.
This is just one course in our catalog of 230+ computer-based training courses covering the widest range of roles, topics, and subject matter in the industry – not to mention our extensive Learning Path library. Browse through our entire catalog.
To preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of application data, software applications must be engineered with security in mind. Without defined security requirements, design choices will be made without security guidance and security testing cannot be effective.
As part of this course, learners will understand:
- How to apply the application security maturity (ASM) model to the development process
- Key security engineering activities: gathering security objectives, applying security design guidelines, and creating threat models
- How to identify threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures
- How to conduct impactful security architecture and design reviews to identify potential security problems and minimize the application’s attack surface
Training Built to Change Behavior
We designed our interactive courses using proven methodologies so learners can:
- Experience the results and consequences of their choices in a safe environment
- Solidify contextual relationships by being shown – not told – what to do
- Feel like they are in control of the learning experience