API 214 - Mitigating APIs Improper Asset Management
In accordance with the OWASP API Security Top 10 2019 Report, APIs tend to expose more endpoints than traditional web applications, making proper and updated documentation highly important. Proper hosts and deployed API versions inventory also play an important role in mitigating issues such as deprecated API versions and exposed debug endpoints.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Understand the importance of proper API asset management
- Gather and maintain an inventory of all vulnerable assets
- Determine API access requirements based on scope, API type, and user roles
- Understand the benefits of using an API gateway
- Create documentation for the information gathered about your organization’s APIs