AWA 101 - Fundamentals of Application Security
Course Number: AWA 101
Course Duration: 20 minutes
Course CPE Credits: 0.5
NICE Specialty Areas
Foreign Languages Available:
This course introduces the fundamentals and primary drivers of application security, including: The CIA “triad”; the importance of meeting regulatory requirements; what motivates hackers, how to manage vulnerabilities, and the key elements of a responsible disclosure programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have the knowledge and skills required to understand:
- Core concepts of application security risk management
- Why developing secure applications matters
- The importance of meeting regulatory compliance requirements
- Anatomy of an application attack and what motivates hackers.
- Common attack scenarios and how to manage vulnerabilities.
- Best practices for developing secure applications.