DES 260 - Fundamentals of IoT Architecture & Design
Course Number: DES 260
Course Duration: 30 minutes
Course CPE Credits: .5
Related Learning Paths
This course focuses on topics related to architecting and designing a secure Internet of Things (IoT) system. Particular emphasis is placed on embedded IoT devices and their relationship with cloud services.
After completing this course, you will have a deep understanding of an IoT system, its components, and the security implications of various design choices.
- Elements to be reviewed and defined in the requirements phase
- Authorization considerations within the IoT device itself as well as connected components
- Designing a secure IoT architecture
- Authentication to validate the identity of users and devices
- Logical access controls to ensure users are granted appropriate levels of service
- Physical security concerns to protect access to IoT devices
- Monitor communications throughout the IoT system
- Secure communications between the various system components