COD 307 - Protecting Data in C++
This secure coding course presents key concepts of public key cryptography, the risks of improper encryption, and defensive coding techniques to protect sensitive data.
- Generating strong encryption keys and identifying related issues such as pseudo random number generators (PRNGs), key derivation algorithms, and initialization vectors
- Selecting an appropriate symmetric encryption algorithm, cipher mode, and authenticated encryption mode
- Common libraries that support symmetric cryptography
- How public and private key pairs work together both to encrypt and decrypt data for secure transfer and to create and verify digital signatures
- Best practices to mitigate memory exposure vulnerabilities