COD 267 - Securing Python Microservices
Microservices have become widely popular, replacing complicated XML-based schemas and service-oriented architectures (SOA) because of the ability to create separate, well-defined, individual components within a system. By leveraging python microservices, complex applications can be broken down into these components to ease further development and deployment.
This course will provide cloud developers, python developers, and software architects with a working knowledge of possible attacks, how to secure interaction between services and an understanding of how to implement basic principles to ensure the security of python microservices.
- Techniques for handling return codes and exceptions
- Canonicalizing paths to identify the correct files
- Identifying dangerous functions
- Applying techniques for mitigating injection vulnerabilities
- How to securely handle regular expressions
- How to protect sensitive data