DSO 205 - Securing the COTS Supply Chain
The usage of Commercial-off-the-shelf software (COTS) by organizations while advantageous comes with its own set of challenges and complexities. Unfortunately, it is rare for acquisition approaches to account for complex software supply chains; this course provides learners with an understanding of how to apply DevSecOps best practices to reduce software supply chain risks.
After completing this course you will be to:
- Employ acquisition strategies, contract tools, and procurement methods for the purchase of the software, COTS from suppliers
- Conduct a supplier review prior to entering into a contractual agreement to acquire the COTS
- Conduct an assessment of the COTS prior to selection, acceptance, or update
- Employ security safeguards to validate that the COTS received is genuine and has not been altered
- Establish and retains the unique identification of supply chain elements, processes, and actors for the COTS
- Establish a process to address weaknesses or deficiencies in supply chain elements identified during independent or organizational assessments of such elements
Looking To Learn More?
Request more information on our courses and labs.