AWA 101: Fundamentals of Application Security
Application Security is a multi-layered methodology that developers, testers, and managers utilize throughout their development process. This course introduces the main drivers for application security, fundamental concepts of application security risk management, the anatomy of an application attack, some common attacks, the concept of input validation as a primary risk mitigation technique, and key security principles and best practices for developing secure applications.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the technical, business, and regulatory drivers of application security
- Understand the anatomy of an application attack
- Understand how to use input validation as a primary application risk mitigation
- Understand key input validation approaches and pitfalls
- Identify common application attacks and how to mitigate their risks
- Understand key security principles and best practices for developing secure applications
This course can be customized for Instructor Led training. Course contents and duration may vary. Contact us for details.