COD 230: Insecure IoT Firmware
In this course, you will learn how to securely distribute updates that fix known vulnerabilities in software or firmware for your Internet of Things devices.
Upon completion of this class, you will understand how to:
- List the steps of a typical update process
- Describe how to protect update connections
- Explain how to protect the update server, list the steps to securely sign and verify an update
- Evaluate whether Secure Boot is necessary for your device at this time
- Identify types of sensitive data that should not be included in updates